Cinnamon is a flavor adding spice which is regularly used in various cuisines around the world. It is best known for its good aroma and it is why it is added in various dishes. It is obtained from the bark of several tree species. Lets have a glimpse of benefits and types of this spice.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CINNAMON:
- Cassia Cinnamon has the ability to reduce blood sugar level.
- Oil that is extracted from cinnamon can reduce some fungal disorders.
- Some researches also say that it can prevent Alzhemeirs disease.
- By adding this spice in food,it also reduces high fat present in the meal.
- Compounds that are present in cinnamon aids in reducing cardiovascular diseases.
- It contains magnesium,iron ,phosphorus,potassium,Vitamin A.
- Also this is one of the best spice that is added in various diseases for its aromatic flavour.
Generally, Cinnamon is of two types.
Cassia cinnamon is originated from China. It is produced from a tree called Cinnamon Cassia Tree.It is dark red-brown in colour with thick sticks.It is very cheap and found in all supermarkets.
Ceylon cinnamon is originated from CEYLON in Srilanka and some southern part of India.It is produced from the inner bark of Cinnamomum Verum tree.Its colour is tan-brown and made of tight sticks with soft layer.It is expensive compared to Cassia type.
Cinnamon oil is produced from the barks of cinnamon trees. It has following benefits:
- Decreases bad cholesterol
- Fights infections
- High antioxidant content
- Stimulates the immune system
- Also used for medical purposes.